Beauty products are like food. They have a limited shelf life, and there isn’t that much we can do about it. In today’s video we share signs and timelines for expired skin care products.
Always use your best judgement when it comes to tossing out expired skincare products. There are few tell tale signs that the product may be expired:
- A bad or rotten smell
- The product has separated
- The texture has changed
- The color has changed
- There are mold spots present
What is the general shelf life or period after opening for skin care products?
- Cleansers: 6-12 months “You should be washing your face every day so it should not last that long!” she points out.
- Moisturizer: 6-12 months
- Toner: 6-12 months
- Eye Cream: 6 months if you squeeze it onto your finger, 3 months if you dip your fingers into it (bacteria)
- Face Masks: 6 months
- Exfoliaters/Scrubs: 6-12 months
Take the 30 Day “Get Your Glow On” Challenge and get a glowing face in 30 days.
FTC Disclaimer: This is not a sponsored video or article. All opinions are genuinely my own. This post also contains affiliate links and I earn a small commission if you make a purchase after clicking on my links. It does not cost you any extra. Thank you for your continued support to keep the Bri Callis Blog going!