Toners help remove left over makeup, dirt, and oil after cleansing. Toners are also more sophisticated and pack so many benefits. Every formula is different and may contain moisturizing, anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, or exfoliating ingredients.
What are some benefits of using a toner?
- It shrinks pores. It removes oil and gives the appearance of smaller pores.
- It restores your skin’s Ph balance. A toner helps restore balance quickly to the skin.
- It adds a layer of protection. It can help protect and remove chlorine and minerals present in tap water.
- It acts like a moisturizer. Some toners are humectants that help to bind moisture to the skin.
- It refreshes skin. It will leave your skin revitalized even when you’re on the go.
- It can prevent ingrown hairs. Toners containing glycolic acid or other alpha hydroxy acids can help to prevent ingrown hairs.
When and how to use a toner
A toner should go on after cleansing and exfoliating – day or night or both. Toners absorb better when the skin is still damp. Apply toner on a cotton pad and sweep it across your face.
Are there any alternatives to using a toner?
There are some products that do similar jobs as toners like a micellar water. Micellar water can be used as a second step to remove any makeup, dirt or grime. Facial mists help refresh the skin and shrink the pores. If you are using any of these two items, you can omit using a traditional toner.
Take the 30 Day “Get Your Glow On” Challenge and get a glowing face in 30 days.
FTC Disclaimer: This is not a sponsored video or article. All opinions are genuinely my own. This post also contains affiliate links and I earn a small commission if you make a purchase after clicking on my links. It does not cost you any extra. Thank you for your continued support to keep the Bri Callis Blog going!